Sending forms to collaborators

Hi, I send forms to collect data from lots of collaborators and the system has worked very well. It appears that anyone without a Smartsheet account is now asked to watch a video and sign up for a free trial. Unfortunately, this is stopping people utilizing the form. Is there a way to turn off this promotion and make the form appear when the link is clicked, like it was before?

Kind Regards, Peter T

Best Answer

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have the form setting turned on that requires users to be signed in?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Peter T
    Peter T ✭✭

Hi Paul, thanks for your response.

I checked that the 'Require people to log in to Smartsheet to access this form' button was turned off and it was. I then turned it on and tested it by sending the link to someone else, that worked, and the sign-in field appeared as expected. I turned it off again, tested it, and the form opened perfectly.

What appeared was the invite to watch a 90 second video and to sigh up to a free trial to Smartsheet. I found that it dramatically reduced the number of feedback responses received after an event.

Thank you for pointing me to that, because turning it on and off again seemed to correct it.

Kind Regards, Peter T

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Glad you were able to get it sorted, and happy to help. 👍️

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com