Control Center - Questions on Master Rollup and Intake Sheet

Options
Matt Stewart
Matt Stewart ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I've used a template (non-control center) where my master sheet was the same as the intake sheet, so I was able to add new projects, manually duplicate the project plan folder, relink things manually, and then have the project plan and master sheet talk to each other. This meant some data originated on project plan and rolled up to master sheet, while other data rolled down from master sheet to project plan. This allowed the exec team to control high level project data from master sheet based on visibility to rolled up data from the project plans. And as we made those changes, the team working at task level on project plans would see those updates that may affect their work.

However now that we have Control Center and are in the design phase of this new system, we are faced with 3 problems:

1. Master Sheet and Intake sheet can not be same sheet, must have 2 separate sheets
  2. Master sheet can not push data down to project plans
  3. Intake sheet can not see data from project plans

Is this true? If so, how do we make high level decisions based on data from project plan rollups that affect our decisions that push other directions down to task levels? Currently it means we have to view master sheet to discuss plan, then open a second window to view intake sheet and find project to make updates/decisions.

This is not a great solution when dealing with 100's of projects which I thought is where Control; Center excelled at? Or are we not understanding this?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Matt Stewart

The way to link fields and sync your process will depend on what your set up is like and what you mean by a Master Sheet. I would use the Intake sheet for the determining process and approve it there... then use the Summary sheet to track the progress. Any updates made after the Intake should be applied directly to the individual Project.

This would likely be much easier to talk through via a screen share; I would recommend booking a Pro Desk Session under the Control Center category (which can be up to 90 minutes) here: https://www.smartsheet.com/pro-desk

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Matt Stewart

I hope you're well and safe!

You can collect/link data from the Project Sheets and/or use the Summar Rollup for a portfolio-level overview.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Matt Stewart
    Matt Stewart ✭✭
    edited 12/23/21
    Options

not sure i understand @Andrée Starå

Is this a manual process or its automated in Control Center Blueprint?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Matt Stewart

The way to link fields and sync your process will depend on what your set up is like and what you mean by a Master Sheet. I would use the Intake sheet for the determining process and approve it there... then use the Summary sheet to track the progress. Any updates made after the Intake should be applied directly to the individual Project.

This would likely be much easier to talk through via a screen share; I would recommend booking a Pro Desk Session under the Control Center category (which can be up to 90 minutes) here: https://www.smartsheet.com/pro-desk

Cheers,

Genevieve