Dynamic View Update Process

I have a project coordinator who is trying to provide an update by clicking on his project line in DV. He enters the required information and goes to save, but the save button grays out and then he is prompted to discard changes.

I made sure that he has permissions to all sheets that the DV is pulling from.

How do I resolve this?

Answers

• Hi @elenaburg

He shouldn't need to have any permissions on the underlying sheets, this will be something to do with the Dynamic View configuration.

Is it possible that you have Logic in the Details Panel that means he's unable to save unless specific information is entered? For example, I have a Required Field, but I've entered text into other fields and left this one blank.

In this instance the "Save" is greyed out:

But as soon as I put data into the "This is Required" field, the "Save" turns blue:

You can configure what's required and what's not from the Details Panel tab of the Dynamic View configuration:

Let me know if this was the issue or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Thanks for following up, Genevieve. I have three fields that are required. One is a text field and two are date fields. I watching him try to enter into all three of the required fields, and the save button still stayed gray. I know that a few users in our org have had this issue before as well. I am just the first person to try to tackle it and find out why.

• Hi @elenaburg

If all the required fields are filled in / not blank but the "Save" button still shows as grey, then we would need to see more information in order to determine why this may be happening. Because some of that information is sensitive, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support directly so they can troubleshoot this with you in a private channel.

Please provide them with the following:

• Screen captures of the Dynamic View panel with Save greyed out
    • Screen captures of your Dynamic View configuration, specifically the Details Panel and Sharing
    • Email address of the user unable to submit edits
    • Email address of a user able to submit edits, making the same changes
    • URL of the underling sheet(s)

And if possible:

• Browser version / type
    • If this happens on multiple devices
    • If this happens when you duplicate the View with Save as New

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now