Dashboard Shortcut Widget: question about a link to a file from computer

Hello,

Can I upload a link to a file (excel, word, pdf) from my computer onto a 'shortcut widget' in Dashboard

All I see are the options below:

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Exactly. If your organization utilizes Microsoft 365 (aka "Office"), you likely already have access to OneDrive right now. You can try and sign-in here using your sign-in for your computer:

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/signin/

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@TaliRXM Consider that what you are considering is tying the cloud storage of SmartSheet to your local device. That link would not be available very often and would require SmartSheet to keep track of something about your device, like an IP address. Your infosec team would probably not be happy with that!

dm

• TaliRXM
    TaliRXM ✭✭✭

Understood. So my option is to pull it from OneDrive or Dropbox?

Thanks!

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Exactly. If your organization utilizes Microsoft 365 (aka "Office"), you likely already have access to OneDrive right now. You can try and sign-in here using your sign-in for your computer:

https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/signin/

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• TaliRXM
    TaliRXM ✭✭✭

Hi again,

So considering infosec & protection, how come the "Image Widget" has an option to upload from own computer?

Thanks!