Populate a date based on column status

Options

Within the grid, there are 3 columns with dates that are updated by various teams. There is a 4th date column that I will need to read the other 3 columns and choose one based on what the "Status" column reads.

If the status@row is "Complete" or "Not applicable", then I will need the "Steve Report Date" column to pull the "Actual Completion" date.

If the Status@row is "in Progress", then I will need the "Steve Report Date" column to pull the "Revised Target Completion Date". Lastly,

If the Status@row is "Not Started", then I will need the "Steve Report Date" column to pull the "Target Completion". Lastly,

Below is the formula I am attempting, but keep getting an error. Any assistance with this formula is much appreciated!

"=IF(Status@row = "complete", [Actual Completion]@row, IF(Status@row = "Not Applicable", [Actual Completion]@row, [Target Completion]@row, IF(Status@row = "in Progress", [Revised Target Completion Date]@row)))"

Tags:

Best Answer

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @GDMIL

Try this"

=IF(OR(Status@row = "Complete", Status@row = "Not Applicable"), [Actual Completion]@row, IF(Status@row = "In Progress", [Revised Target Completion Date]@row, IF(Status@row = "Not Started", [Target Completion]@row)))

Does this work for you?

Kelly

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hey @GDMIL

Try this"

=IF(OR(Status@row = "Complete", Status@row = "Not Applicable"), [Actual Completion]@row, IF(Status@row = "In Progress", [Revised Target Completion Date]@row, IF(Status@row = "Not Started", [Target Completion]@row)))

Does this work for you?

Kelly

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!