Map for Location Data

Options

Hi,

Is there any map feature that Smartsheet provides (or third party) to show on a map data of a location-column on a Smartsheet?

Thank you!

Best Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @A Rose

At this time, Smartsheet doesn't support that specific feature but its a great idea! Please submit an enhancement request on this to be considered for the future development of Smartsheet.

In the meantime, I suggest looking into Zapier. It's an integration that allows for third party automations from different apps. I found a few map-related apps that Zapier supports.

Cheers!

Krissia

• A Rose
    A Rose ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Krissia B,

Found a little solution!

We can imbed a google map into a dashboard!

(but the google map needs to be public, and updated with the Smartsheet content by exporting and importing..)

Thank you!

• Erik_G
    Erik_G ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @A Rose ,

While Smartsheet indeed doesn't have any native solution for showing data on the map (Smartsheet Maps became deprecated last year), I suggest trying Mapsly which is a location intelligence platform that directly integrates with Smartsheet and can display points on the map based on the address column. You don't have to worry about manually importing new data or updating color of your points as this all happens automatically. I suggest giving it a try since there is a free 14-day trial and the support team is available 24/7 if you have any questions.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!