Max retry count reached //or// Workflow sync timeout. Job will be retried

Terry Lewis
Terry Lewis ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

HINT TO THE TEAM: It is frustrating when error messages don't have an accompanying explanation and suggestion in the (?) pages.

I'm in Data Shuttle. Using the same Excel import with the same (copied) Data Shuttle workflow (sending different rows to different sheets to keep each sheet within size limits).

I'm running copies of this workflow 15 times. Three of them are consistently erroring out and the error messages don't tell me what's going wrong. I can't fix what I don't know...

Error messages are either:

Workflow sync timeout. Job will be retried.

(or)

Max retry count reached

I have run each of them before successfully, but now they are failing. I need to understand where they are going wrong.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Terry Lewis

The common cause I've seen for the error "Workflow sync timeout. Job will be retried." is if the file size has exceeded Smartsheet's Data Shuttle limits (see here: 5,000 rows for a replace upload, 20,000 rows for a merge upload) or is too complex. 

Would it be possible to breakdown your workflows even further, using filters? If you can confirm that your file should be within the limits, I would suggest reaching out to Smartsheet Support with screen recordings or screen captures so they can troubleshoot with you in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers