Monthly Request an Update WorkFlow

jwools
jwools ✭✭
edited 11/23/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello All,

First time poster - I am needing help regarding a Workflow Request an Update where I would like the Workflow to send out the particular contacts monthly, but have the Workflow change the month of data I am trying to capture.

Example, data-set is broken out into month by plant. I want the WorkFlow to request monthly updates for each Plant / contact (previous month, on the 1st of the new month. Ex: On Dec 1st, update request would go out for NOV 2021 rows).

Is this possible without having to create a Request an Update WorkFlow for every month - Can I add in a formula to the condition portion of a WorkFlow? See screenshot attached.

Thank you,

John

Answers

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Mate,

Would something like this help. Its not perfect. In your example it might show some fields from 31 Oct... is that close enough?

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/22/21

If not, a work around could be helper columns

You could have:

Helper column 1 = Record date

Helper column 2 = if(month([record date]-1)=month(reference),"yes","")

Then you could use the condition helper column = yes in your automation.

Yep, that'll work. Not sure about syntax.

• jwools
    jwools ✭✭

Hi BullandKhmer,

Thanks for your help here - You are on the right track, ideally I would for this automation to work with minimal manual intervention. I'm trying to get the helper column to work, but no luck.

The contacts that will be inputting data will be responsible for multiple rows on a monthly basis.

Appreciate your help!

-John