Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Deleting Sheets that I can't see?

Options
hatm
hatm
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I recently became a Smartsheet admin for my company, though someone else is still the official plan administrator (when it comes to billing, etc.).

People have been asking me to delete sheets for them, sheets that I cannot see because I don't own them nor am I shared to them. Is there a way to see all sheets in our Smartsheet instance and/or have way to delete specific sheets?

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi hatm

I suggest you do this very carefully to avoid unintended consequences. 

In the admin screen top left corner go to User management/ More Actions/ Download sheet access report to CSV. 

Review the information that provides which will tell you all you need to know about who is doing what, then come to a decision as to what needs preserving and what needs deleting. 

Then work carefully through your decisions with colleagues who are the OWNERS of the sheets that are now surplus. They are the best people to delete surplus sheets. 

If someone has left the company, go to their name on the user list and use the dropdown menu at the side and work through the steps from top to bottom, which will Remove the User once you have saved any relevant sheets they owned and given them to their replacement or yourself. 

Do this carefully for the sake of your users. 

Hope this helps? 

RichardR 

• hatm
    Options

That is what I figured the best practice is. I'll need to go to all owners and have them delete surplus sheets. Thanks for confirming! 

This discussion has been closed.