Summary Sheets Not Updating

Hello. We have several summary sheets that feed reports and dashboard material. All was great until about a month ago when we noticed the summary sheets that contain formulas that reference other active sheets are not updating until you open them. As I mentioned, these feed into reports and dashboard graphs, so when nothing is updated, people are upset and I am left to open each sheet where I can see it update then.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone have a solution?

Best Answer

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you using the TODAY function?

Try inserting a date type column and use a Record A Date automation triggered to run each morning at 12:00am.

This should activate the sheet daily which in turn should update everything as needed.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Paul Newcome,

One example that I have does not use the today function. It is looking up information based on the week number in the reference sheet to match the week number in the summary sheet. Here it is:

=SUMIFS({Sales Price}, {Week Contracted}, [Week Number]@row, {Status}, "Pending", {Year Contracted}, "2021")

This one is meant to look up sales for each week when it is entered into the main sheet via a form. Then the summary sheet with the above formula should automatically update (even during the day) because it feeds a graph that is projected on a TV in the office.

Does that make sense? It worked that way until a few weeks ago.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That is odd. Did you check the activity log to see if anything had changed right around the time it stopped working?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/03/21

@Paul Newcome, it is odd and we have found it's happening on more than one summary sheet. I thought it was isolated until I mentioned the issue in a meeting and others have told me they experience something similar.

On this one, I looked at the activity log for the last 2 months and I don't see anything unusual, but I don't have a trained eye. Nothing looked unusual.

I welcome any thoughts or ideas.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately all I can suggest is reaching out to support. I haven't been having an issue, so maybe there is a bug somewhere that is affecting your group's account.

10xViz.com

• Andrea Westrich
    Andrea Westrich ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, @Paul Newcome. I apprecaite your thoughtful consideration of this issue.