Hyperlink reports

Is there a better way to quickly create reports to correlate with the week?

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭✭

First off, are you referring specifically to Smartsheet Reports?

And if so, do you mean rather than simply displaying results to a generic "Weekly Report", in your solution here you'd want auto-created reports named something like "week of 06/05/21" per week?

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• Samuel Dowdy Jr.
    Samuel Dowdy Jr. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I want to auto generate reports for the week.

like "Estimate Report Week 49_2021" I would one for every week of the year.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Samuel Dowdy Jr.

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Create a report for each week that checks for the WEEKNUMBER.
    • Structure a solution with a so-called helper sheet (Master Metric Sheet) with an easy way to select the week you'd like to show the data for and add a report referencing that sheet. Add the helper sheet and the report to a folder and make a copy for each week and then update the week number in each helper sheet.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.