Can you transfer a formula when youcopy summary sheet from one worksheet to another?

Options

Hello,

I am trying to transfer the formulas I created in a worksheet under "summary sheet" and I have "copied" it but is only showing the field not the actual formula. Is this how is supposed to work or does this capability is only to copy the "Field names" ?

Thank you,

Best Answer

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭
    Options

By default it will copy the value of the Sheet Summary Field. If you double-click the sheet summary field it'll show the formula. From there you could select all the text within the formula then paste it into a cell. Does that solve what you're looking for?

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• Idaly
    Options

oh ok so you do have to manually copy paste, I thought the copy function of the summary sheet was to copy everything including the formula

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Idaly

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Brett's excellent advice/answer.

If you copy the Sheet Summary to other sheets, it will include the values and formulas. (two options)

Is that what you need?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Idaly
    Idaly
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is great! Thank you both very much! This is what I needed

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Idaly

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!