How to not skip ranks and deal with ties?
I worked with the Prodesk on using the RANKEQ function which was helpful, but I am realizing I have records which are ties. Essentially I have a column which ranks our projects; if the weight is 0 it's "not ranked" and should be thrown out of the rankings, if it's anything else it's ranked. The formula is as follows:
=IFERROR(RANKEQ([Weighted Project Score]@row, [Weighted Project Score]:[Weighted Project Score], 0), "Not Ranked")
I found 2 issues with this and it's the following:
- It's skipping numbers (i.e. I've got 3 entries with the rank # if 99, then it jumps to 102, not seeing the ones in between)
- There's no way to clearly see the ties.
How can I modify the formula to do the following:
- If there's a tie in there's, to not skip the ranking sequence of numbers
- If there's a tie in the range, to highlight this
- If there's a tie, to look at another column (i.e. Initiative ID or defined date field) and automatically re-rank based on that.
I found a similar thread and tried adapt the solution to mine, with no luck (Sequential numbering of duplicates — Smartsheet Community)
Help Article Resources
Check out the Formula Handbook template!