Hiding Columns with Filters? Deleting rows in reports?

Hi,

I have one big massive master sheet with a very big amount of columns and this covers all kinds of topics relevant to my projects. From there I created reports to reflect the individual topics. Since the mastersheet is very detailed and has so many columns, its hard to navigate. Therefore I was hoping that I could set a filter to hide all the less important columns and show like a summary of important columns only. Shouldn´t this be a basic feature? It appears that this was already requested 5 years ago, but still hasn´t been solved.

Another question is: Is the grid/sheet really the only module where I can delete rows? This would be very unfortunate...

Thanks!

Answers

• Sandra Guzman
    Sandra Guzman ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sven Krohn,

You can actually select the columns you want to display when you create the reports. There are actually two ways to go about this.

You can only select those columns you want in your report. You would do this by selecting the specific columns by checking all column headers that apply. Doing this will limit your grouping options and may satisfy what you are looking for.

Or if you want to be able to expose or see the column data yourself. You could pull through the column data in your report and simply right click the column once it is displayed and hide it.

As for deleting rows, you can delete in Grid, Gantt and Card views.

All the best!

Sandra

• Hi Sandra,

thank you for your detailed response, but what I need is to be able to set a filter for certain columns and be able to delete rows in the same module! I´m afraid that´s not do-able.

I can show/hide/select columns in reports, but there I can´t delete rows.

I can delete rows in grids, but can´t set filters to only show specific columns.

:o(((

I know that I can manually hide individual columns in the grid module, but that´s not an option for me.

Sven