Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Summing Values

kbrady13766
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Currently I have a Spreadsheet that catalogs potential software enhancements. In order for us to determine prioritization we use a spreadsheet to calculate results based on a rating of 1-5 based on 6 criteria. We also assign each criteria a weight as some of the criteria is more important than others. I'm trying to create a Smartsheet that can perform similar calculations. I do not mind hard coding the weights within the formula as apposed to ref. them from the sheet. i.e. the values in Cyan color. BUT I want to be able to SUM all values, based on their score given and weight 

Capture.PNG

Tags:

Comments

• Hello,

Smartsheet doesn't have a SUM WEIGHT or SUMPRODUCT type of formula, so this might be tricky.

I was able to accomplish this by multiplying the values of two columns in a third column (using vertical columns), then summing the result.

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 10.07.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 10.07.42 AM.png

This discussion has been closed.