Performance issues with images in larger sheet?

I'd like to understand any risks associated with a largish sheet that has an image column. Will this affect the overall performance or create any downstream issues that I might not anticipate? I expect that it will be a moderately long sheet with about 1,000 rows growing to potentially 3,000 over time with 40-50 columns. I'm an intermediate user but haven't had to work with images much yet.

Thanks for taking time to share any guidance and best practices around this.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AMB_L

Images do add to the complexity of a sheet, but it's just one of many elements. So for example if you have a lot of Conditional Formatting rules applied, as well as formulas, as well as images, as well as a large number of rows... these will all add to the complexity. However if you only have a large number of images but no formulas or Conditional Formatting rules, the sheet would be faster to load. It's difficult to know how the images will affect your sheet without seeing the entire project/set-up.

See: Issue: Smartsheet Is Slow to Load or Save

If you'd like to go over your current process and set-up, I would recommend contacting your company's Customer Success manager.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @AMB_L

Images do add to the complexity of a sheet, but it's just one of many elements. So for example if you have a lot of Conditional Formatting rules applied, as well as formulas, as well as images, as well as a large number of rows... these will all add to the complexity. However if you only have a large number of images but no formulas or Conditional Formatting rules, the sheet would be faster to load. It's difficult to know how the images will affect your sheet without seeing the entire project/set-up.

See: Issue: Smartsheet Is Slow to Load or Save

If you'd like to go over your current process and set-up, I would recommend contacting your company's Customer Success manager.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now