Using forms to add data to an existing row

Hello,

I can see that a form will populate data into the next available row in Smartsheet. Can forms be used by other Team members to to gather and add info to pre-existing rows, governed by a specific date as an example?

Regards,

Richie

Tags:

Best Answer

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Richie ,

I don't believe there's a way to use a form to update existing rows - only to add rows. However, you can use Update Requests - either manually issued for a specific row, or through automations - to request updates to specific fields or all data in a row.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Richie ,

I don't believe there's a way to use a form to update existing rows - only to add rows. However, you can use Update Requests - either manually issued for a specific row, or through automations - to request updates to specific fields or all data in a row.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather

• Richie
    Richie ✭✭

Thanks Heather,

Can update requests be automated, i.e. sent to the same person or group of people at the same time every day?

Regards,

Richie

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Richie Yes, I believe! You can schedule them to be sent at scheduled intervals or when triggered (for example, when a date in that row is reached). Additionally, if you have a contact column where contacts are assigned to specific rows, you can set it to be sent to the contact for that specific row.