Report - using the Summary option by Count, when the cells are blank it groups by blank but does not

Reports - using the Summary option by Count, when the cells are blank it groups by blank but does not count the blanks and displays '0'. I have about 200 rows that have a null value in the column I am summarizing, but the count is displayed as 0 (zero) instead of 200. How can I get the report to count the blanks?

Tags:

Answers

• Lara Lehnerz
    Lara Lehnerz ✭✭✭✭

Here is a screen shot for an example. The column I have it summarizing is the 2nd to last column in the peach color to the right.

• Lara Lehnerz
    Lara Lehnerz ✭✭✭✭

After further testing I understand that the cells need to have data in order for the summary count function to display the number of rows. Curious though if there is a workaround to where I don't have to populate the blank cells and still have the summary count the number of empty cells?

• Hi @Lara Lehnerz

What about applying the Summary COUNT to the Sheet Name column? The Sheet Name cell will always be populated if there is a row associated with your current grouping, so you should see an accurate count of rows.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now