SmartSheet Proofing links in MS Teams

Hi,

I am trying to figure out a way to share links to proofs with approved editors in MS Teams. Right now, when I share links to a SmartSheet proof in MS Teams, the proof is view-only without the editing functionality. This is strange because the people I am sharing it with in Teams have been given editor permissions. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Katie S

Since the Proof will need to verify access (that their email address has Editor permissions on the source sheet, or that they were directly invited to that specific Proof), they will need to open the link in a browser versus accessing the proof directly from within Teams, if that makes sense.

However this does mean that if your users are shared to the sheet with Editor permissions, then yes, you should be able to paste the URL of your Proof into Teams so they can click the URL and open it in a Browser to make edits to the Proof.

If this is not the behaviour you're seeing, I would suggest capturing a screen recording of how the Proof opens up for your editors and sending it to Smartsheet Support, along with the email address of the user accessing the Proof and the Sheet URL.

Thanks!

Genevieve