Auto fill a form ?

Bryan Long
Bryan Long ✭✭
edited 12/24/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a sheet that has say 50 questions on it. Some of them I can pull in from another sheet, and I just need to confirm the answer with the client. Is it not possible to display that answer that I pulled in from another sheet when I use the form view instead of the sheet view? The form looks much better , but you can't see that we already have an answer in the sheet if I use it?

Thanks

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @Bryan Long

Would you be able to clarify what you mean when you say "forms"? Are you meaning the Card View of the sheet, or are your questions each a column name and you're using a Form to populate the sheet?

Forms built from a Smartsheet Sheet will only show blank fields because they are used to populate entirely new rows, so there isn't a way to display sheet data that's already been submitted within a form.

An alternative way to look at a row in a sheet is to use the Edit feature which creates a pop-up window of that row, displaying each field either filled in or blank as it is in the sheet. This also allows you to easily add comments to the row as you work down the column fields.

You can access this view either by double-clicking on the row number or by selecting "Edit" from the dropdown menu associated with a row.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now