Work Insights - update/refresh time + filter possibilities

Options

Dear,

I started working with Work Insights on Smartsheet recently and noticed:

• That the Last Update of the data it uses in my Work Insights is 13 days ago. Is there a way to trigger update of the data? Shouldn't the data be at least 1x 24h be refreshed by Smartsheet? (Screenshot 1)
  • When creating new insights and setting a filter, only "Contains" can be used and not the usual filter such as "is one of", "not blank", ... (Screenshot 2)

Thank you for the help!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Mattias V.

I'm certain there will be updates to the Work Insights feature in the future and these are all really good notes! I hope that you sent that feedback directly to the Work Insights team through the megaphone icon so that they can hear from you as well.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Genevieve

Answers

• Mattias V.
    Options

Hi all,

Additional question from my side:

• Is there a possibility to have reporting from a certain date on with Column snapshot? I.e. I want to present data only for all projects from June, 1st?

Thanks for the advise!

Best,

Mattias

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Mattias V.

It's great to see you working with our new Work Insights feature!

1) Yes, Work Insights should refresh every 24 hours if there is new information. Is it possible that there have been no updates to your sheet in the last 13 days, so there are no new insights to report on?

2) The filter option in Work Insights currently only has "contains" as a criteria, as you've found.

I'm sure our Product team is working on adding more criteria down the line, but please let them know about your feedback on this!

3) You cannot select a date range with Column Snapshots, but you can select a specific date to see a snapshot on that one day:

If you want to see a range (ex. from June 1st to Today), you would want to create a Time Series type of insight in order to determine timeframes like this.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Mattias V.
    Options

Hi Genevieve,

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

1) For the first question: it works now. So, I'm happy. Although I did not change anything. Sheet is being updated several times a day, so no updates the last 13 days couldn't be the reason.

2) I'm looking forward to see more filters, because Work Insights looks a very promising feature! But at this time, way too limited to be useful and to be shared with my colleagues. Also, formatting is not possible (e.g. colors, order, ...), which makes it unusable for sharing in reporting (ppt, newsletter, updates,...)

3) There is a difference between Time Series and Column Shapshot. If I want to present to higher leadership the results of Q4, I want to be able to set the dates in my Column Snapshot, and not be limited to only use Time Series.

Best regards,

Mattias

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Mattias V.

I'm certain there will be updates to the Work Insights feature in the future and these are all really good notes! I hope that you sent that feedback directly to the Work Insights team through the megaphone icon so that they can hear from you as well.

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Genevieve