Automated Workflow - Emails not being sent to Project Sponsor for Approval

I'm using the PMO Template Set to set-up a new Project Management Office. I have set-up two separate workspaces/projects for development & testing. In one of the workspace/projects, the automation works fine. In the other workspace/project, the automated workflow does not send the email to the Project Sponsor for approval. The automation step in both projects is exactly the same, only one works and one doesn't. I've spent at least 8 hours trying to figure out why. Therefore seeking suggestions from the forum on what could be the issue and how to resolve it. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @TSco

What is the Trigger for your workflow? Try changing the trigger to see if this helps the workflow run.

For example, you could change it to "When Rows are Added or Changed" and have the change be when the Submitter changes to Any Value. Since this is based off a Created By column, the Submitter will only change when the row is created for the first time.

Another thing to check is to ensure that the email address being entered in the Project Intake Sheet's Project Sponsor column is indeed a valid Contact.

If neither of this has helped, it would be useful to see screen captures of both workflows - the one that runs and the one that doesn't run - indicating what the trigger is for both.

Thanks!

Genevieve