Display Specific Columns to Specific People in Shared Sheet

Purnima Gore
Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

I am trying to work out how to only share the columns with someone that I want them to see (not in an update request) or in a report.

I have a sheet that has answers to questions from suppliers and that has three different responses to make it easier to view.

For example

Question 1: How would you deliver this project Supplier 1 answers using Agile Supplier 2 answers waterfall.

Against each question I need evaluators to tell me what they think of the answer and then give them a score.

For example Evaluator 1 may score Supplier 1 with 10 and Supplier 2 with 5

Evaluator 2 may score Supplier 1 with 8 and Supplier 2 with 6.

I only want Evaluator 1 to see the responses from the supplier and their own column for providing the response. The only option I can see is to create a sheet that has all of the evaluator responses and then create reports that are shared only with the evaluator for each set of columns. What is the option for me to only show columns that are relevant without creating the reports?

At the moment I can't see a direct method but I can see a work around.

Thanks

Purnima

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

Your Time is Important, you want to Stay on Track, We can help you use the Right Tools

https://www.cierr.com

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Purnima Gore

I hope you're well and safe!

It sounds like a solution could be developed in Dynamic View. Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Purnima Gore
    Purnima Gore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå

Unfortunately not. I would still need to create three different reports for three evaluators and then create a dynamic view for each one and then share if I didn't want to share the underlying sheet.

At the moment I am create three different sheets with the responses from the suppliers linked into cells so that they each see the same thing.

Thanks and have a happy New Year :-)

Kind regards

Purnima

Purnima Gore

Cierr Limited

Your Time is Important, you want to Stay on Track, We can help you use the Right Tools

https://www.cierr.com