Sheets vs Workspace

Hi all,

I am just not sure how the files are going to behave after I move them to the workspace from sheets.

In the attached picture I have created a sheet name rush request from customers where I've reports, dashboard, and a sheet. The sheet has a form attached to it.

To share do I have to move everything to the related workspace? or do I just move the dashboard and the master data sheet that has the form?

Will my summary reports which have all the calculations and linked to my dashboard get affected

once I move?

I'm not really sure what am I supposed to do here?

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks =)

Best Answer

• Ryan Kramer
    Ryan Kramer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It depends what you want to share.

The concept would be if you want your users to be able to see everything in scope then simply move it to the workspace and share that workspace with the users.

And you can always test this by making a copy of the things you want to share (instead of moving the initial one) into a workspace and then sharing that workspace with a test user in the group.

Answers

• Ryan Kramer
    Ryan Kramer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It depends what you want to share.

The concept would be if you want your users to be able to see everything in scope then simply move it to the workspace and share that workspace with the users.

And you can always test this by making a copy of the things you want to share (instead of moving the initial one) into a workspace and then sharing that workspace with a test user in the group.