Document Builder

Hello - I wonder if there is a way to name the document that the document builder is generating with info from the row. i.e. John Doe form Name 010322 This would be so helpful.

Also is there anyway to automate form generation when a row is added, trigger the generate document to run and add to the row.

Let me know if this is going to be available!

Thanks - Cheryl

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Cheryl Hishmeh

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible to do either, but both are excellent ideas!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• JShield
    JShield ✭✭

I've worked around dynamically naming documents by creating a hidden Function Column on the sheet that creates the name I wish to use for the document and mapping that to the document title. In your example above, let's say there is an existing column called [Name] that contains the person's name you wish to include in the document name. My formula column would be:

=[Name]@row + " Form Name " + TODAY()

If instead of using the date the document builder was run in the title, you wanted to use the date the row was created, make sure you've previously added an Auto-Number/System column for "Created (Date)". In that case the formula would be:

=[Name]@row + " Form Name " + [Created]@row

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use the helper column solution JShield describes,

Then you map that column here