User Account setting for Automation Workflow

Options

Hi,

I have set up a number of automation workflow in Smartsheet which will generate emails under different conditions, e.g. Update Request.

Due to job rotations, my role will change and will no longer work for my current group.

As my Smartsheet account together with my company email for creating this Smartsheer account will both be terminated afterwards, may I ask what will happen to the current automation workflow being set?

Will the respective emails still be generated as usual after my departure?

Thanks.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/04/22
    Options

Hi @Jeffrey Chau

• The Smartsheet Items that you own have to be transferred to another user, and then the Workflows will continue to run as before.

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jeffrey Chau
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå ,

Thanks for your help.

I have further questions about the issue, the current setting of the worksheet is as follow.

While my role is Admin and not the owner of the sheet, do I still need to perform any action or the automation workflow will still be valid as there's no change to the Owner and the other Admin of the sheet?

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Jeffrey

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!