Can you remove a row number from showing on generated email notification from a workflow?

I have an email notification that is generated from a workflow. In the email message two things occur. 1) The name of the smartsheet page appears as a hyperlink and says [Click.smartsheet.com] and the row number appears; which can be confusing based on the first column of data I use. I need this column to display store number first (just makes sense for what I do). Anyway to prevent this row number from showing in the email message?

I'm not sure if either of these appear simply because of the type of email client I use.

Answers

• Brett Wyrick
    Brett Wyrick ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Dan -

If you really wanted to get rid of that Row Number, you could utilize the option to send a "Message only":

Then you could just write your own message, and then utilize the column variables by placing them within squiggly brackets, i.e. {{Store}}, {{Member}}, {{City/State}}, etc.

Personally, I do not believe it'll be confusing to users, but you may want to message them anyway to let them know that the first number is row number. You could also change the order of your columns.

If this answer answers your question, please press "Yes" above - it helps the community (and those random Googlers out there 👀) find solutions like yours faster.

Love,

Brett Wyrick | Connect with me on LinkedIn.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2023 update: I'm no longer working on Smartsheet stuff. I started working at Microsoft in 2022, plus I have 1-year-old twins at home and frankly, I don't have enough time to do Smartsheet anymore. It's been real, Smartsheeters!

• Brett thanks for the information. It does work for some aspects, but I need the formatting of cells that appear in the original message through the workflow. Is there a way to tailor the message with brackets that divides the information with formatting?

• DianaR
    DianaR ✭✭

I have the same question. I'm embedding a Smartsheet on a SharePoint site and don't want the numbers to appear with the rows.