Issue since 2017 still not resolved....

HI.

I am still getting this issue as detailed in this thread from 2017! When will this be resolved please?

Data is being lost and this is an issue....

Thanks.

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/7563/can-i-stop-auto-delete-data-in-cell

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Exactly which portion of the issue are you having? I haven't seen any new threads concerning this and the last post on that thread was more than 2 years ago.

I see one of the mentioned issues was a logitech driver, but I am using logitech for both my mouse and keyboard and not having that issue.

I am using Chrome with various extensions and add-ons with no issue.

I have actually use wireless and wired (2 different computers) without the issue.

I ran into this issue only once some years back, and it ended up being because I had "caffeine" turned on on my computer which will regularly "press" the space bar to keep the computer from going into sleep mode. This made it appear as if the cell data was being deleted but in reality is was being replaced by the space.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Exactly which portion of the issue are you having? I haven't seen any new threads concerning this and the last post on that thread was more than 2 years ago.

I see one of the mentioned issues was a logitech driver, but I am using logitech for both my mouse and keyboard and not having that issue.

I am using Chrome with various extensions and add-ons with no issue.

I have actually use wireless and wired (2 different computers) without the issue.

I ran into this issue only once some years back, and it ended up being because I had "caffeine" turned on on my computer which will regularly "press" the space bar to keep the computer from going into sleep mode. This made it appear as if the cell data was being deleted but in reality is was being replaced by the space.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• Thanks Paul for getting back to me.

You may have just solved it straight off the bat with your last comment. Did you delete caffeine in favor of another app to stop the PC sleeping?

I have battled this issue for months now and never thought about that. Makes total sense.

Thanks again.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I wasn't even aware that caffeine had been installed on that computer (work computer). I just turned it off as I didn't need it. If you are looking for another app, check out exactly how it works. If it replicates a keystroke then it may end up causing the same issue.

10xViz.com