Count nr. of checkboxes based on another value

Options

I have a sheet with actions. It has a status column (in progress and not started). Further in the sheet I have checkboxes per department. I'm trying to build a report, that shows the number of actions that have status in progress for the specific department.

I can do the count of the checkboxes. but need to have the condition build-in.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Wim Nagels ,

You'll want to use a COUNTIFS formula. It will look something like this:

=COUNTIFS({status range},[primary column]@row,{department 1 checkbox range},1)

You'll, of course, need to change the range names to match what your actual range names are, and you'll need to change the department range for each scenario. But the formula translates to:

Count the number of rows where the status matches the primary column in this row and this specific department is checked.

Hope this helps! Let me know if it works.

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Wim Nagels ,

You'll want to use a COUNTIFS formula. It will look something like this:

=COUNTIFS({status range},[primary column]@row,{department 1 checkbox range},1)

You'll, of course, need to change the range names to match what your actual range names are, and you'll need to change the department range for each scenario. But the formula translates to:

Count the number of rows where the status matches the primary column in this row and this specific department is checked.

Hope this helps! Let me know if it works.

• Wim Nagels
    Wim Nagels ✭✭✭
    Options

This idd did the trick. thanks for the fast help on this.. Excellent!!!

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Wim Nagels I'm glad it worked! Have a great week.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!