Too many System Admins?

I am the primary System Admin for my company's account. We have 16 licensed users and I recently noticed that we have 7 System Admins. I don't think that we need that many since 5 of them are in the same department.

I can't find any articles telling me if this is an issue although we already had someone change the working days for the whole account. (I had to fix it as my team doesn't always follow the same holidays as other departments.) I couldn't find an article telling me what the difference between a regular user and a System Admin is.

I am inclined to reduce the number of Sys Admins to 2 per department (max) but I would love it if people could let me know where they stand on this topic.

Thank you!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I suggest as few sys admins as possible. Sys admins are able to add and delete users, adjust who is and is not in groups, etc. If they do not need to handle anything in the account itself, then they do not need to be a sys admin.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers