Calendar App: Intermittent Error: Unable to Update Event

Options
Ok Hee Kolwitz
Ok Hee Kolwitz ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi,

Everyone sharing this calendar is running into this error (but not always) and it is causing double-work, which is frustrating obvisouly. It's based on a sheet currently, and the users have the edit access to the columns included in the calendar. I am the owner of the sheet and it still happens to me once in a while.

So an editor makes a change, s/he gets the error, and the calendar automatically refreshes and the change is gone. Redo and then usually the 2nd try appears to work.

I have found some discussion threads of this error, but none of them pertained to my situation.

Thank you!

Ok Hee

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Ok Hee Kolwitz

I've seen this error happen before in the following scenario:

A locked boolean column is mapped as the "Symbols" column when creating a Calendar app. In this instance, no field can be updated by users who are only shared to the source data with Editor permissions.

Can you check to see if you have a locked column mapped as a Symbol? If so, try adjusting this in your Calendar App settings to be mapped as an "Additional column" instead. If this resolved the issue, then this is a bug our product team is currently investigating.

If this doesn't describe your scenario, please contact Smartsheet Support with screen captures of your Calendar app Configuration (each tab), along with screen captures of the source sheet, the sheet URL, and the email addresses of the users that are receiving this error (ex. is it all users, or only users with certain permissions). They'll be able to troubleshoot this with you in a private channel where you can share these details.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• Ok Hee Kolwitz
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did remove a symbol field but we are still experiencing the same issue. I will contact the support team.

Thank you,

Ok Hee