To automatically assign a person & alert them, does that require 2 automations? assign and alert?

I want to automatically assign a task based on a column's entry and I want the person to receive an email alert. Do I set up automation for the assignment then a separate automation for the alert?

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would suggest two separate automations. I am sure it can be done in a single automation where you are able to branch it out, but I have been using individual automations for so long now that I find them much easier to manage and troubleshoot.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I would suggest two separate automations. I am sure it can be done in a single automation where you are able to branch it out, but I have been using individual automations for so long now that I find them much easier to manage and troubleshoot.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com