Need Help Please - One action from One workflow triggered until other workflows

Options

I have One action in a workflow that is intended to trigger email alert to fellow team members when an individual member APPROVE/ DECLINE the task for a single division only (eg. Bukit Panjang) from a single workflow.

However, did some test and it seem like when this individual member APPROVE/DECLINE the task for a single division only (eg. Bukit Panjang) from a single workflow, it will instead Triggered the other workflows as well.

E.g. User will receive multiple email alerts (Task Have Been Approved by Team Member) from all the stated division (Bukit Panjang, Ulu Pandan, Zhenghua, Cashew, Bukit Timah) instead from the intended single email alert from (Bukit Panjang) only

Need some kind expertise help and advise here please

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @TWH

Thank you for this information!

Are you re-using any of the Approval Columns in your workflow in any of the other workflows? See the "Approval Workflow Behaviour" section in this Help Article: Request Approval From Stakeholders in Sequence

If you're using the same column to store those Approvals, it can send out the alert through your other workflows as well. To prevent this, use different approval values (so specific values per-workflow) or add conditions after each approved or declined request as well as earlier in the flow.

Let me know if this was the issue or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @TWH

Would you be able to clarify your set-up a little more? Here are the things it would be helpful to know:

• What is the Trigger block for this workflow? Can you post a screen capture of the top half.
    • What column-type is your Project Division column? (I wonder if we could set the Condition to simply be "Is Equal To" instead of "One Of").

It would also be helpful to see a screen capture of your sheet, but please block out sensitive data.

Thanks!

Genevieve

• TWH
    TWH ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P.

Thanks for answering, appreciated 😄

The trigger is when end user submitted the form.

The backend will auto detect this field (CPM S/PM status) as approved.

And thus start the flow

Any option for me to share the whole workflows to you for a better view ?

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @TWH

Thank you for this information!

Are you re-using any of the Approval Columns in your workflow in any of the other workflows? See the "Approval Workflow Behaviour" section in this Help Article: Request Approval From Stakeholders in Sequence

If you're using the same column to store those Approvals, it can send out the alert through your other workflows as well. To prevent this, use different approval values (so specific values per-workflow) or add conditions after each approved or declined request as well as earlier in the flow.

Let me know if this was the issue or not!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• TWH
    TWH ✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

Ah I see. Awesome, appreciated your help! Managed to resolve the issue!

Have a good day ahead 😁 Take care!😉

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Wonderful! I'm glad that you were able to resolve this. Have a great weekend!