Predecessor Logic for a Specific Day of the Week

kwelch
kwelch
edited 01/19/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Trying to figure out if there is a way to set logic in a sheet such that an item is schedule for the next Wednesday after a certain predecessor is completed. Basically I have a work item to complete integration of a specific piece of data to our system, and our process is to review all items completed in the last week at the next weekly meeting on a Wednesday. I am not sure how to set the predecessor logic to make this happen. I have looked for similar items in the community and it looks like this functionality might not exist, but that was last discussed in 2018 and it's possible there's a new feature?

Long story short I want logic like:

If Item #1 completion is anytime between 1/26 and 2/1, schedule the Review (item #2) for 2/2 (the next Wednesday meeting after the work item is completed).

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @kwelch

No, there currently isn't a way to automatically have the next task adjust to a day of the week. You can add Lag and Lead days to dependent tasks, but these are a set number of days versus a conditional statement looking at the day of the week.

In regards to your end-goal, what about setting up a Report that filters by the Completion date so that you can see what was completed in the last week?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @kwelch

No, there currently isn't a way to automatically have the next task adjust to a day of the week. You can add Lag and Lead days to dependent tasks, but these are a set number of days versus a conditional statement looking at the day of the week.

In regards to your end-goal, what about setting up a Report that filters by the Completion date so that you can see what was completed in the last week?

Cheers,

Genevieve