Thousands Separator missing in Report Sum's

Hi all,

I went through a similar issue with sum's not showing dollar signs, and managed to track down the underlying sheet culprit that was not formatted correctly. Now I am having issues with the thousands separator comma missing on all sum's. I assume the sum's can show comma's?

Best Answer

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

My commas are back! We did not make any changes. Just noticed it today. Strange no word from Smartsheet on this... clearly seems like an issue that got fixed on their end.

Answers

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭

For what its worth, this is classic case where formatting at the report level would be very helpful. Although I looked, and could not find any of the referenced sheets that did not have a comma separator, or was mis-formatted, I am constantly running into issues with reports where the report summaries are not formatted correctly because 1 report out of thousands was not formatted correctly (numbers instead of currency). We are using control center, and I have confirmed that our template is formatted correctly, so I have no idea how 1 sheet out of thousands ends up with different formatting. I feel like I am doing everything we can to 'do it right', but at the end of the day, I end up with reports that don't show currency, miss comma's, or have combinations of word wrap. We also have formatting that works at the sheet level, but ends up looking like a psychedelic circus at the report level. All of the issues I am talking about here could be fixed if there was formatting at the report level. I have seen other posts on this topic in the forum, so if you come across any, upvote, and more importantly, submit feedback request for this feature. Thanks!

Smartsheet Product Feedback

• We are also experiencing this exact issue within our reports.

• Nina1
    Nina1 ✭✭

I have the same issue. It started about a week ago, which is the same date as the initial comment from Tim S. I've looked everywhere in my underlying sheet/grid, and its fully formatted with commas. I have no idea what happened to my comma in the report/dashboard as it used to display properly.

• I have exactly same issue :( this is really annoying.

It wasn't like that before - no idea what happened.

• We are having the same issue and like most have said, it wasn't like this a month ago. When can we expect an update on this Smartsheet?

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

My commas are back! We did not make any changes. Just noticed it today. Strange no word from Smartsheet on this... clearly seems like an issue that got fixed on their end.

• Anna Sambora
    edited 02/08/22

Yaaaay!!! Same for me :D commas are back FINALLY!!!