Control Center: Failed to copy folder to temp workspace

Matt Stewart
Matt Stewart ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I can’t find anything on this online and it suddenly started happening today after making some adjustments to my formulas. It said to contact primary/secondary leads, which are me. puzzling

Any ideas of what could be causing this on project provisioning?

Best Answer

• Matt Stewart
    Matt Stewart ✭✭
    Answer ✓

there is only 17 items in the blueprint. I ended up replacing the entire sheet by saving as new and correcting the few cross sheet connections to it inside the blueprint. As soon as i did this everythign worked fine. So its just the 3rd case ive experienced where sheets become defective or corrupt essentially.

Answers

• I have determined that the culprit is a sheet that was outside the blueprint and I have since moved the sheet inside the blueprint.

I have repaired permissions of workspace and all files/contents inside the workspace and blueprint to match the primary lead as owner and secondary lead as admin. But it still fails the provisioning at "creating temp workspace" step with same vague warning: Failed to copy folder to temp workspace.

As soon as i move the culprit file outside of the blueprint the provisioning works as normal.

any thoughts on how to fix?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Matt Stewart

How many items are inside of this folder? Smartsheet cannot copy more than 100 items at one time. If you have more than 100 items you would see this error.

Another reason for this error could be the complexity of the objects the folder contains (for example, too many interconnecting cell links/cross-sheet formulas).

This is another issue that may be best worked through with Support so that you can provide them with screen captures or a screen share and additional details!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Matt Stewart
    Matt Stewart ✭✭
    Answer ✓

there is only 17 items in the blueprint. I ended up replacing the entire sheet by saving as new and correcting the few cross sheet connections to it inside the blueprint. As soon as i did this everythign worked fine. So its just the 3rd case ive experienced where sheets become defective or corrupt essentially.