Calendar View

Options
Jon Barto
Jon Barto ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any way to display 2 columns in calendar view.

We are a construction company, who is now using smartsheet for all our scheduling of sub contractors. I would luv the calendar to show the task Steel Delivery and the vendor/sub we use on the dates.

Now we have looked at the calendar app and it is way to clunky for us to use. what is nice about calendar view on a sheet is we can do a report for that vendor and have it automated to email out every day, once a week, whatever is needed. We can't do that with the calendar app. Also printing pdf of a report is way easier than the calendar app.

I would pay a premium to have that ability in smartsheet opposed to the clunky calendar app. The only work around I have at this time is to use the following formula : =[Column13]@row + "............" + [Sub Contractor]@row and then have a hidden row for the "tasks" which would be column 13.

This is way to clunky but can possibly work. Would be so much better if smartsheet could allow us to select what columns we want to display. Again I would rather pay for that in smartsheet than the not so great calendar app.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Jon Barto

Adding the same answer here as well.

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, and even more if you need.

• You'd either use the + method to add multiple columns together, or you could use the JOIN function.
    • You'd add the formula to the Primary Column so, you might have to replicate the Primary Column in a so-called helper column.

Something like this.

=[Column1]@row + " - " + [Column2]@row + " - " + [Column3]@row

Or.

=JOIN([Column1]@row:[Column3]@row, " - ")

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.