Multiple dates/colors in Gantt View

So I have multiple dates, overall project dates and backend development dates which fall inside the overall project dates. Can I have one bad but it be a different color to signify the backend development date within the overall project bar?

Answers

• Hi @Barry_Mungal

You can set up custom colours in your Gantt chart either by manually changing the colour of the bar or by setting a Conditional Formatting rule. See: Change the Color of Task Bars

To manually change the colour, you can right-click on the bar you want to adjust and select Color Settings:

In Conditional Formatting rules, you'll want the rule to be set for the entire row, then change the Task Bar colour portion:

See: Apply Formatting Automatically with Conditional Formatting Rules

Keep in mind that if you're using Hierarchy in your project, you will only be able to change the colour of Child Row tasks. See the Note in the bottom of this Help Article: Parent Rollup Functionality

Parent Rows will always display as a grey bar showing the earliest start and the latest end date of their Child tasks:

If I've misunderstood your question it would be helpful to see screen captures of your sheet set-up, but please block out sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now