Alert when an assigned row changes emails

Dear All,

I set up an automation (alert email if changes occured) with "Daily" workflow run. In Hungary people get the email from Smarthseet at night. Can I change it for e.g.: every morning 9.00 a.m (Budapest (GMT+1))?

Thank you,

Renata

Best Answers

• Jason Duryea
    Jason Duryea ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any way to change this. Smartsheet has specific configuration for alerts as described in this article.

• Workflows set to run daily will evaluate changes to the sheet and execute between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM in the sheet Owner’s timezone and messages will be delivered between 12:00 AM and 4:00 AM the next day. 

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can set up a workflow to run every day at a specific time and evaluate rows that meet certain criteria, one of which is Modified date. If it's not there already, add the Modified system column to your sheet.

Set your Trigger to "When a date is reached". Where it says "Run once," click the down arrow and select Custom. Set to repeat every day. Once that is set, you can select the hour for it to run. So if you want it to run at 9am Budapest time (assuming your regional settings are set to Budapest time as well,) select 9:00 AM from the time drop down.

In the Condition block, set it for Where the Modified column is in the last (days) and enter 1 in the box, so it will evaluate every row modified in the last day. Add any additional conditions for it to check for.

Select your Action, and you're good to go!

NOTE: When you make changes to the sheet such as adding or removing columns, the Modified date will update for all rows. Keep in mind that this alert might not always deliver exactly what you want when using modified date as the condition.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

NOTE: When you make changes to the sheet such as adding or removing columns, the Modified date will update for all rows. Keep in mind that this alert might not always deliver exactly what you want when using modified date as the condition.

To get around this limitation with modified date, you could create a "ChangeDate" date field and set up automation to record the current date in that field when certain fields change on a row. For instance, if you want to know when a status field changes to any value or a particular value, you can set that as your trigger and condition, with the action being to record the date in the ChangeDate column.

In your daily alert for changed rows, use that ChangeDate column as the condition, where that date is in the last 1 day.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers

• Jason Duryea
    Jason Duryea ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any way to change this. Smartsheet has specific configuration for alerts as described in this article.

• Workflows set to run daily will evaluate changes to the sheet and execute between 12:00 AM and 11:59 PM in the sheet Owner’s timezone and messages will be delivered between 12:00 AM and 4:00 AM the next day. 

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

You can set up a workflow to run every day at a specific time and evaluate rows that meet certain criteria, one of which is Modified date. If it's not there already, add the Modified system column to your sheet.

Set your Trigger to "When a date is reached". Where it says "Run once," click the down arrow and select Custom. Set to repeat every day. Once that is set, you can select the hour for it to run. So if you want it to run at 9am Budapest time (assuming your regional settings are set to Budapest time as well,) select 9:00 AM from the time drop down.

In the Condition block, set it for Where the Modified column is in the last (days) and enter 1 in the box, so it will evaluate every row modified in the last day. Add any additional conditions for it to check for.

Select your Action, and you're good to go!

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

To get around this limitation with modified date, you could create a "ChangeDate" date field and set up automation to record the current date in that field when certain fields change on a row. For instance, if you want to know when a status field changes to any value or a particular value, you can set that as your trigger and condition, with the action being to record the date in the ChangeDate column.

In your daily alert for changed rows, use that ChangeDate column as the condition, where that date is in the last 1 day.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman

• Renata
    Renata ✭✭✭

Thank you for your answers, these were really helpful!