Apostrophes being added in front of numbers and column property changes to dropdown (data shuttle)

When I use Data Shuttle and I upload the source to the target, it is changing column property from text/number to a dropdown and adds an apostrophe before the number. I have 8 "discount" columns per sheet, but it only disturbs some of them. If I need to perform some calculations using those numbers, I can't. I'm not sure the cause and I need it to not do this on the transfer of data to a new sheet. A workaround involving formulas is not feasible. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Best Answer

• Josh G.
    Josh G. ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Marvin I ended up checking all the "problem" columns and switching them to text/number. For whatever reason they were dropdown columns. I then deleted all the rows and ran my upload again through Data Shuttle. Seems to have done the trick.

Answers

• Garrett Henke
    Garrett Henke ✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like the file you are using to upload with Data Shuttle has the numbers stored as text which is why there would be an apostrophe before the number. 20 and '20 are different values. I would double check that the numbers are formatted correctly in your source document before uploading.

• Marvin
    Marvin ✭✭

I have the same issue I am passing in Numeric values in power automate and when it is inserted in Smartsheet all numeric values have LEADING APOSTROPHE, thus all calculation formula will not work.

Any help will be appreviated.

Thanks.

• Josh G.
    Josh G. ✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Marvin I ended up checking all the "problem" columns and switching them to text/number. For whatever reason they were dropdown columns. I then deleted all the rows and ran my upload again through Data Shuttle. Seems to have done the trick.

• kgahm7569
    kgahm7569 ✭✭✭

We were able to get around it with a helper row of =value(cell)

That row removes the apostrophe and then you can run your formula!