Scheduling machine time

Hi all,

We want to start scheduling our machine time across multiple projects (or top level tasks)

An example is we use a press break in many of our projects. I want that press break time as a task in a project.

I then want to see just that machine schedule so the operator knows what's next.

I would prefer to do this across multiple sheets, but most could be done on a single sheet as our projects run days...but there is a LOT of them.

Thanks for the ideas and help.

Steven C

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Steven C ,

Have you looked into creating reports for each machine? That way, all of your data would still be in one sheet, but you could view the schedule for each machine separately.

• Heather,

That is one of the products I would like to create. My thought process is I would have something like this....

1.0 Fabricate Fixture

1.1 Waterjet plate <<this is a task that needs to link to the Water jet schedule

1.2 Bend Plate <<This is a task that needs to link to the press break schedule

1.3 Fit and Weld

Item 1.1 and 1.2 will be used in MANY projects that look very similar to this. I am trying to make this where scheduling is not a full time job but helpful to the supervisors and project managers.

Thanks for your help,

Steven C