Summing on filtered columns - Dashboards using same sheet, but filtered

I have a main sheet that calculates all projects in green status and count projects by person. I have dashboards that feed off of this that require the main report be filtered for the other dashboards. How can the fields be calculated off of the filtered fields?

I've seen SmartSheet promising an enhancement since 2017 on this, but haven't seen.

Answers

• Hi @Gregory Zalecki

You can use a Report to automatically calculate certain metrics based on a filtered sheet (such as using COUNT or SUM on a column). This Report can then be used on a Dashboard, either as a Chart or Report Widget. See: Redesigned Reports with Grouping and Summary Functions

However if you're looking to have different filters applied to visualize different numbers, then you would need multiple, separate Reports to create your multiple views.

An alternative would be to use formulas, either in Sheet Summary Fields or in a separate Metric sheet to display these filtered numbers side-by-side. If you're not sure what formulas to use, please feel free to post again here in the Community with a screen capture of your sheet (blocking sensitive data) and the end goal you're looking to display, and we'd be happy to help!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now