Formula for automatically pulling rows of data from one sheet to another using checkbox

Help please πŸ™

I need a formula or solution for automatically pulling rows of data from one sheet to another using a checkbox...

So sheet A has a ticked checkbox, meaning I need the information from most columns in the ticked rows moving over sheet B every time a sheet A checkbox has been ticked.... (I need name about 5 columns of information passing across)

I understand I need to put a formula in sheet B ? do I put this in a particular place as I want the sheet B to automatically pull these across when sheet a has any new ticked checkboxes?

Im more less a smartsheet virgin and only just really started to use formulas. So examples will be needed lol πŸ˜‚

Much appreciated

Tags:

Best Answer

• Summer
    Summer ✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

The simplest way to do this depending on how many columns are on Sheet A and Sheet B would be to use Smartsheets built in workflow for moving or copying rows of data.

If you'd like to use a formula to only pull over the 6 cells of information and not the entire row, you'd need a unique identifier, like an Employee #, WO #, something along those lines on both Sheet A and Sheet B to use as a lookup component in the formula. You could then use a vlookup or index match formula to pull the relevant data from a cell on Sheet A into a cell on Sheet B.

Answers

• Summer
    Summer ✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

The simplest way to do this depending on how many columns are on Sheet A and Sheet B would be to use Smartsheets built in workflow for moving or copying rows of data.

If you'd like to use a formula to only pull over the 6 cells of information and not the entire row, you'd need a unique identifier, like an Employee #, WO #, something along those lines on both Sheet A and Sheet B to use as a lookup component in the formula. You could then use a vlookup or index match formula to pull the relevant data from a cell on Sheet A into a cell on Sheet B.

• AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯
    AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Stacy Meadows

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Another option would be to use so-called helper sheets. In short, copy the row to a helper sheet and then use my method described previously to get the values you need to another helper sheet and then copy/move the row from that sheet to the main destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

βœ…Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

AndrΓ©e StarΓ₯ | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!