Is there a way to automatically issue a report on a schedule?

I have many reports set up against sheets and i would like to automatically generate some of them on a schedule , either attached to emails or my generating a notification advising someone to log in to view and enclosing a link

Is this possible?

Thanks

Best Answers

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

Yes, provided I am understanding your question correctly. If what you are hoping to do is set up a schedule for existing reports then all you need to do is with the report open, navigate to "File" in the upper left corner, then select "Send as Attachment" from the list. From there you can set your recipient(s), include a message and either send the report as a PDF or Microsoft Excel and then set your deliver schedule. You can even adjust your PDF options. Click on "Schedule" to set up your delivery options (Once, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly). Here are a couple of screenshots, I hope this helps.

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• Deb Schofield
    Deb Schofield ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Deanna - thank you so much

As a relatively inexperienced user, this is such a great help and will now be used across our business 😊👍️

Answers

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Answer ✓

Yes, provided I am understanding your question correctly. If what you are hoping to do is set up a schedule for existing reports then all you need to do is with the report open, navigate to "File" in the upper left corner, then select "Send as Attachment" from the list. From there you can set your recipient(s), include a message and either send the report as a PDF or Microsoft Excel and then set your deliver schedule. You can even adjust your PDF options. Click on "Schedule" to set up your delivery options (Once, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly). Here are a couple of screenshots, I hope this helps.

• Deb Schofield
    Deb Schofield ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Deanna - thank you so much

As a relatively inexperienced user, this is such a great help and will now be used across our business 😊👍️

• Deanna Vandermeer

I am glad you found this helpful. If you ever have any other questions don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if you would like. I love helping people and especially all things involving Smartsheet. I hope you have a great day. 😊