Dashboard charts

How do I include a goal line for a performance metric in a chart? In Excel, I can do a column chart and switch one of the metrics to a line to show the goal, but I can't figure out how to do it in the chart on the dashboard. I don't want to show it as a stacked or with a goal next to each metric. I have 12 performances to illustrate in one chart, so that would be too busy.

Here is an image of what I hope to achieve. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Hi @BFuller

There currently isn't a way in Smartsheet to combine both a bar chart and a line graph, these are two separate chart widgets.

You could potentially map your data as just a line graph, then use the Series formatting to fill in the bottom line and keep the top line steady.

Please let the Product team know that you would like to see this as an enhancement to Chart widgets in the future, by filling in this form, here.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. is there something in the backlog for creating a mixed type of chart? I tried your solution with filling some series and leaving the Goal series and it might work, but having the option to combine bars and lines in a single graph would be great.

• Hi @Jake Gustafson

I don't have an ETA for when or if there will be a mixed chart type - please let the Product team know how this would benefit your process by adding your situation to the form above.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Susan L.
    Susan L. ✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/01/23

Leaving a comment to support the development of mixed charts. I have a large data set which includes several variables described over time. I would prefer not to have every data type represented as a "smooth line" and would really appreciate creating columns over which a smooth line graph could be added.

• I am also leaving a comment to support the development of mixed charts. Would really like to be able to mix charts with a line for a single data point.