Dynamic Field View Logic- Dates?

Audrey Howard
Audrey Howard ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello!

From the small amount of time I've spent working with Dynamic view as my company just got it, I am using it to allow those who submitted a request for a task to be completed via a form. I have set up the dynamic view to show them only rows their email is in, and hide some columns they don't need to see.

What I was hoping to do was to set up logic to change fields from open to read-only, after the date in that column has passed. For example, we have a date column in our sheet for the person managing the sheet to mark what day they have shipped out the requested item to the requested vendor.

So, what I would want to do is allow all fields in dynamic view- details to be open for editing up until a date has either been entered in that field (similar to the (date) column is empty type of automation) or is in the past (the date has passed type of automation), and then automatically change all fields to read-only, since one the item is shipped out, they can't change the details of their request as its too late.

Is this something someone else has been able to figure it out? Or could we submit it for a requested feature for an update? Dynamic view is so helpful but the ability to have the date columns interact would make it invaluable.

Thank you!

Answers