Upgrade from trial to pro plan - unable to make the payment.

Hello, My user logging - boscod35@gmail.com I am unable to upgrade from trial to the pro plan. Trying for a week and was unsuccessful.

Step 3 - Payment information - I am getting an error "Your credit card has failed authorization. Please double check the credit card information".

Checked with my credit card department and there are no issues from their side. Appreciate your assistance.

I also tried through Paypal since the payment acceptance is in $ (Dollars) but no luck.

Thank you, Don Bosco

Best Answers

• boscod35
    boscod35 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Genevieve,

Finally, I got the License renewed. Hurayyyyy!

For some reason the mystery is with the HDFC BANK credit/debit card that I was using, I got help from a friend, he was using another set of cards (SBI) which worked like a charm.

I been struggling with this thing for the past 3 weeks, Finally its done.

Thank you for your support and guidance, Appreciated. 😃

Don Bosco,

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting your resolution! I'm glad that you were able to complete the payment and gain access to your new Pro Plan. I hope you have a good day, and please feel free to post again in the Community if you have questions as you build out your items in Smartsheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Hi @boscod35

Smartsheet won't be able to help with payment authorization issues as these are specific to your bank account. If your credit card is failing authorization, then you will need to try a different card or contact your financial institution to resolve this error. 

Thanks,

Genevieve

• boscod35
    boscod35 ✭✭✭

Ok, Thanks Genevieve.

• boscod35
    boscod35 ✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve,

I contacted my bank and they said there is no authentication issue from the credit card side, it's all clear. they asked to contact the merchant. I tried with a different card too, it's the same result. I am still stuck not able to renew my account.

I hope there will be a resolution soon. Just wanted to keep you informed.

Thanks,

Don.

• Hi @boscod35

Thank you for letting me know! I haven't seen this before. Is it possible that the browser you are using is somehow blocking the payment? Try using a different browser or incognito mode in case that helps.

Additionally, here's the article that goes through the accepted payment types and currencies.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• boscod35
    boscod35 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey Genevieve,

Finally, I got the License renewed. Hurayyyyy!

For some reason the mystery is with the HDFC BANK credit/debit card that I was using, I got help from a friend, he was using another set of cards (SBI) which worked like a charm.

I been struggling with this thing for the past 3 weeks, Finally its done.

Thank you for your support and guidance, Appreciated. 😃

Don Bosco,

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting your resolution! I'm glad that you were able to complete the payment and gain access to your new Pro Plan. I hope you have a good day, and please feel free to post again in the Community if you have questions as you build out your items in Smartsheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve