Column type "Contact list"

Hello,

I use some smartsheets where I use the Contact list column type. This leads to the following 2 questions:

1) Why do I have to enter the email address again in each sheet? The already entered contacts are only known in the respective sheet, in every other sheet I have to enter them again.

2) How can I display the name and the email address in a report?

Thanks Kay

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @KROnline

There currently isn't a way to display the Name of a Contact in one cell and then extract the Email address to be visible in another. If you hover over the Contact then it will display the email for you:

You can also double click on the contact, which will bring up the Edit window with the email associated:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Question 1 seems to be solved...

• Do you have the email addresses in your smartsheet contacts? If so, you should under properties only need to select who you would want as contact person(s) and then its a drop down. Also the display name should show up as you have it set in your smartsheet contacts.

• I just want to see both - the name and the email address. As many users have multiple email adresses we need to check, if the email address for the account is the same as used in the contact list. I've had some approval processes, where the employee got the email, but he wasn't able to approve, because his account was regisred to another email address. And both email adresses belog to the same account.

So how can I split in viewing the name and the email address behind a Contact ?

Thanks Kay

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @KROnline

There currently isn't a way to display the Name of a Contact in one cell and then extract the Email address to be visible in another. If you hover over the Contact then it will display the email for you:

You can also double click on the contact, which will bring up the Edit window with the email associated:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now