Add to a date if another column meets criteria

Options

I'm not the best at the complicated formulas and need some help. I have 3 columns in play here. Submission Type (single select), Submitted date (automation added), and Due date (Date Field). If the requestor selects "Standard" in the Submission Type field, then I want the due date to be 30 days after the submission date. If they choose something else, then I don't want the calculation to run. I would like the user to enter the requested date. (I will be using a form for requestor input.)

This is my latest attempt

=IF([Submission Type]@row), = "Standard",(DATE[Submitted date]@row )+ 30))

Obviously wrong since I get an "unparsable" error message.

Could someone help me please?

Best Answer

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Saavik1 The (first) problem with the formula is a bracket in the wrong place, the one after the first row.

this formula in the Due Date column:

=IF([Submission Type]@row = "Standard", ([Submitted Date]@row + 30), [Submitted Date]@row)

works for me ...

The form should collect a date for Submitted Date only. The form should just ask for a date and a type and do the calculation accordingly.

dm

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Saavik1 The (first) problem with the formula is a bracket in the wrong place, the one after the first row.

this formula in the Due Date column:

=IF([Submission Type]@row = "Standard", ([Submitted Date]@row + 30), [Submitted Date]@row)

works for me ...

The form should collect a date for Submitted Date only. The form should just ask for a date and a type and do the calculation accordingly.

dm

• Saavik1
    Saavik1 ✭✭
    Options

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!