Reverting back to earlier Smartsheet form

Options

Hi, I made a major change in Smartsheet yesterday. Is there anyway to revert back to the form that it was in prior to that change?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Gwynneth

My apologies! I misunderstood; thank you for clarifying that you mean the Form that was built on the sheet, not the format/data of the sheet itself.

There currently isn't a way to revert a Form to a previous version, no. You'll need to manually change the source sheet and the form to get back to the original set-up.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Gwynneth

If your plan has access to the Activity Log, and if you're an Admin or Owner of the sheet, you can download a Sheet Snapshot from a specific point in time, see: Request a sheet snapshot

This will send the owner of the sheet an Excel file with the data from that point in time that you can copy/paste back into the sheet.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Gwynneth
    Options

Thank you for that. I did as you said, and also downloaded the Activity Log. I am an Owner of the workspace. None of them covered the form. I made a change to the database, and it negatively impacted the form that was attached to it.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Gwynneth

My apologies! I misunderstood; thank you for clarifying that you mean the Form that was built on the sheet, not the format/data of the sheet itself.

There currently isn't a way to revert a Form to a previous version, no. You'll need to manually change the source sheet and the form to get back to the original set-up.

• Gwynneth
    Options

Okay, thank you! I ended up also coming to that conclusion, and rebuilding the form. Perhaps this can be used as a tip for future improvements. :-)